WHAT IS CARPOOLING?
Carpooling, as the name implies, is when several people travel in a car together and share the cost of the ride. You have certainly already shared a ride with family and friends: every time you drive together, you share the cost of a trip with them. In much the same way, BlaBlaCar connects people who need to travel with drivers who have empty seats, so that they can share a long distance trip together, and all save money!
ADVANTAGES OF CARPOOLING
• Save money. Share the costs of driving with other riders.
• Reduce stress. Read, listen to music, or relax when you’re not driving.
• Save time. As a carpool, you can drive in the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lane.
• Help the environment. Carpooling creates cleaner air and safer communities.
• Prolong the life of your vehicle. Shared driving puts fewer miles on your own car.
• It reduces traffic. When three people carpool, there are two fewer cars on the road.
HOW IT WORKS
IF YOU NEED TO TRAVEL FIND A RIDE WITH A TRUSTED CAR OWNER
1. FIND THE RIDE – Just enter your departure and arrival points and your travel date, then choose a car owner going your way. If you have a question, you can ask the car owner before booking.
2. BOOK ONLINE – Book your seat online. You’ll get the car owner’s phone number to arrange the final details.
3. TRAVEL TOGETHER – Bring exact change to pay the car owner the agreed contribution during the ride.
HAVE EMPTY SEATS? OFFER A RIDE TO CO-TRAVELERS,
1. OFFER A RIDE ONLINE – Enter the date and time, pick-up and drop-off points, and your price per co-traveller.
2. YOUR CO-TRAVELERS BOOK ONLINE – When a co-traveller books a seat in your car, you’ll immediately get their phone number to arrange the final details.
3. TRAVEL TOGETHER – Agree on your specific pick-up and drop-off points with your passengers before the ride. Add a photo of your car to your own profile: it’ll help your co-travellers find you at the meeting point.
4. YOUR CO-TRAVELERS PAY YOU – Your co-travellers will pay you their contribution in cash during the ride. After travelling together leave a rating for your co-travellers – they’ll be more likely to leave one in return.
Newsletter Sign Up
Get Cupons, Offers and Promotions Straight to Your Inbox